How to Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7?
In this post, we will discuss How to Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7? While Windows 10 may seem like a daunting task to some, many of us are overwhelmed by the massive jumps in the Windows 7 style. The good news is that Windows 10 is highly customizable, so you can engineer its design to look just like Windows 7, some sync with elements like wallpaper, color scheme, and default browser, your Windows I will come back 7 style setups in no time. Also, Read About How to Download Songs from Spotify very Easily?
Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7 (Change the Start Menu)
- Step 1: A download called Classic Shell allows you to change key menu aspects to make it look like Windows 7. Unfortunately, support for Classic Shell ended in 2017, but the code was lifted and continued with Open Shell, which you can download. With this free tool, you can edit the Windows 10 Start Menu to match the version provided in Windows 7. Once installed, you will see six entries listed under Classic Shell in your Start Menu. Here you will want to select the Classic Start menu settings. Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7 without classic shell.
- Step 2: On the Start Menu Style tab, select Windows 7 Styles as shown above.
- Step 3: Next, go here to download Windows 7 Start Menu Orbit (these just image files, so you can pick them up from many different places if you prefer). Once downloaded, select Custom near the bottom of the Start Menu Style tab and select the downloaded image. You may need to adjust the size of the button – the default setting for our desktop resolution is too large so we used 60.
- Step 4: On the Skin tab, select Windows Arrow.
- Step 5: Press OK and you’re done.
Change the Wallpaper
- Step 1: To install Windows 7 Wallpaper, download the images from here.
- Step 2: Right-click on the desktop and select Personal.
- Step 3: Now by default the background panel, the Settings app appears. Make sure the image is read in the background dropdown menu and then select the Browse button to find your downloaded wallpaper.
Change the Colors
- Step 1: Right-click on the desktop and select Personal.
- Step 2: Select the color on the left side of the Settings app.
- Step 3: As shown above, we selected Navy Blue.
- Step 4: Next, we will change the colors of the title bar.
Swap Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer
Support for Internet Explorer is largely depleted and difficult to use these days, so we do not necessarily recommend this measure to everyone. However, it’s possible to use IE on Windows 10 – in fact, your Windows 10 version should already have the latest release of IE (Internet Explorer 11) available.
- Step 1: Right-click the Microsoft Edge icon and pin it to the browser from the taskbar.
- Step 2: Search Internet Explorer using the Start menu search field.
- Step 3: Right-click on the results and select the taskbar from the pin.
- Step 4: Open Internet Explorer, select the gear-shaped tools icon in the upper right corner, and select Internet Options.
- Step 5: Once the Internet Options popup appears, select the Programs tab.
- Step 6: On this panel, click Make Internet Explorer my default browser.
- Step 7: Select Internet Explorer in the results list and then select Configure this program by default.
Here we use the free tool Old New Explorer. It is downloaded as a RAR file so you will need to install third-party software to open the installer. The file used is OldNewExplorerCfg.exe, and once launched, you will need to replace it. Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7 2020 very easily.
- Step 1: Select Use Classical Drive Grouping in PC.
- Step 2: Select Use Libraries. Hide folders from this PC.
- Step 3: Select the Use command bar instead of the ribbon.
- Step 4: Select Show details pane below.
- Step 5: For your appearance, you have three options: Default, Silver Cream, and Flat White.
- Step 6: Now open File Explorer. Go to Tools and then Folder Options. On the General tab, select This PC in the drop-down menu for Open File Explorer.
- Step 7: Now uncheck the most used folders in Quick Access.